Further reduce your printers TCO by moving Print Management, MFPs & Print jobs security to Cloud and Universal Print by Microsoft
Moving the Printing Infrastructure to the Cloud is the latest evolution in IT, to reduce management and infrastructure cost, provide a unified solution across all sites and for all users. When most solutions merely move an on-premise server to the Cloud as a VM and get all the traffic through the VPN, Celiveo has been designed to be deployed on the Intranet or on the Cloud, while managing smartly the risks of the Cloud such as internet connection outage, slow communication and DDOS.
With Celiveo Enterprise it is then also possible to manage your multi-sites printer fleet from the Cloud, distribute and update drivers and settings, authenticate users on printers and MFPs, provide fully secure follow-me pull printing, rules based printing to control cost and usage, then track accurately and bill back departments and OU for their usage of printers and MFPs.
If you think Cloud Print Management, check Celiveo Enterprise!
What’s different with Celiveo Enterprise in the Cloud?
Works with Cloud off
You need to always being able to authenticate on a printer or MFP, make a copy or print a document, never lose printer usage even if your Internet provider has a downtime.
Celiveo runs at the printer level and features high-availability technology to always work, even in case of major LAN/WAN/Cloud catastrophe, and without requiring any PC or server on-premise. And most of the time you will not even notice there was a Cloud access outage.
Ultra Low Traffic
Celiveo only communicates with the Cloud for events such as storing print tracking tickets, enrolling a user card or PIN. The rest of the time all traffic happens on the local network, print jobs are never going to the Cloud except for Universal Print native print jobs.
That limits to the maximum the volume of data transferred to and from the Cloud, and therefore reduces your overall Cloud bill.
Very, very fast!
Information such as PIN code or card number is processed at the printer level, it does not go back to the Cloud unless the user is unknown. Pull print jobs go directly from the client PC to the printer where the user reclaims them. Tracking information is sent directly by the printer into the SQL Server in the Cloud, without any PC.
The result is an awesome performance, very fast authentication, very fast printing and no gateway PC/server/service needed to reach the Cloud from a printer or MFP.
Celiveo for Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Universal Print
Celiveo is a Microsoft Partner and what we have experienced during integration work with Universal Print confirms the real breakthrough it represents. You can read more about our impression in our recent Celiveo blogs about “Cloud or Smoke?” and “Welcome to Universal Print by Microsoft”
We are excited to announce the upcoming release of Celiveo365, a deep integration of Celiveo inside Microsoft 365, leveraging from the powerful Universal Print advanced interfaces and capability.
Contact us to discuss your Print Management projects with Universal Print by Microsoft!
Celiveo 365 is an Edge Computing technology, the intelligence rests at the printer level and communicates directly with Universal Print and Microsoft Azure. As a result it is slick, fast, safe and does not consist of a solution running side-by-side with Universal Print by Microsoft.
Celiveo 365 adds advanced features to Universal Print by Microsoft, such as:
User authentication on printers and MFP using:
- Smartphones (NFC)
- Contactless Cards
- PIN codes
Self enrollment of users on MFPs using Cloud AAD login
Access Control rules on printers based on AAD groups and OU
Secure pull printing, with jobs list display on most printers screen
Print & Copy color usage control with rules on AAD groups
Printer rules to accept only compliant print jobs (i.e. paper format)
High Availability to handle internet outage
Printer-embedded tracking of print/copy/scan/fax jobs
Web-based usage & cost reports with graphics and data mining
With Celiveo 365 you get:
A lower cost
- There is no need for on-premise server or gateway
- Celiveo 365 is a true SaaS solution, no server/gateway/VM to keep and maintain
- The monthly cost is predictable
- The subscription scope can adjust at any time to your needs, no upfront commitment, it is as simple as Microsoft 365
A Genuine SaaS solution with top reliability and accessibility
- Celiveo 365 is not running side by side with Universal Print by Microsoft, it is extending Microsoft Cloud printing capability
- There is no need for on-premise server or gateway
- Celiveo 365 is not a software in a VM, it runs as an elastic resource running deep inside Azure and benefits from the high availability, elasticity and high security of the Microsoft Cloud
- Celiveo 365 features High Availability, it is always possible to authenticate with card or PIN on the printer and tracking the printer usage even if the Internet connection is down, all that without any local gateway or server
A High Security and Confidentiality
- Your company print jobs are retained in your own Microsoft 365 tenant, to ensure the best security and confidentiality, not in a third party VM or server
- Nobody besides users can access your print jobs data, unlike other solutions processing them in their Cloud VM
- All Celiveo 365 communications are PKI-encrypted, documents are even compressed when sent from Universal Print to printers
- Since there is no VM or server-based software, Celiveo 365 it is not interrupted for OS security updates or solution refresh, Azure takes care of those requirements
- There is no need for any VPN, Celiveo 365 relies on advanced Zero Trust Access technology and certificates to secure access
Celiveo, the first secure printing solution on Public Cloud with advanced features and full security for SMB and Enterprise accounts, is under heavy testing and qualification, to be released in the first half of 2021.
Stay tuned, and congratulation to the Microsoft team for that awesome technology!
Celiveo networking on Private Cloud with VPN
When Universal Print by Microsoft is not a solution you can or want to use, it is always possible to install Celiveo in a private Cloud, inside a VM. It is still not an active VM as it merely hosts a SQL Server database and the configuration console. The communication between client PCs and printers, printers to AD/AAD, printers and PC to SQL Server, are all peer-to-peer, direct.
There is no central application running the solution, and Celiveo Enterprise High Availability feature even keeps the whole solution running in case of Internet/Cloud outage.
The architecture is as follow:
- Communications between On-Premises and Cloud networks are made through IPSec VPN over Internet
- Celiveo is deployed on Virtual Machines (VMs). It is recommended to separate the web applications(WA,TGS) from the databases. It is also recommended to have at least two load-balanced VMs for very large printer/MFP fleets
- VMs hosting the databases can be scalable and this requires setting up clusters or replication. Servers in a SQL Server Cluster need to join an AD domain
- The VPN is configured so that the bridge routes data from Cloud server to on-premises subnetworks, print jobs flow directly from PC to printers (with fixed IP or reserved DHCP) instead of going through the Cloud, even in case of follow-me pull print where the printer requests print jobs.
- VMs are usually deployed inside a Cloud Region. Spanning Celiveo over multiple regions requires additional setup, configuration, costs, and replication
The VPN is needed just to install Celiveo on the printers if Pull Print or Access Control is needed, and to get access to the federated Active Directory or Cloud LDAP