The Hospital went to the Printer and MFP vendors for a solution. There was silence from all but one who has worked with and experienced Celiveo’s agility in developing tailored solutions.
Working onsite, Celiveo solved the problem. The solution not only satisfied the scope but surpassed it.
Here’s how it worked:
- Devices with special paper are clearly marked or a screen button produces a list or floor map of them.
- The Clinician creates the prescription from the app on a tablet device.
- The prescription prints to a unique print queue.
- Nothing happens, no page is output yet.
- The user reached the first available (any brand) MFP or Printer and presents his badge to the card reader.
- Celiveo validates the user against the badges database.
- Pending script print jobs are released to the MFP or Printer and the tray with the prescription paper is automatically detected and selected.
- If script paper tray is empty the printer will ask for replenishment. The job will not default to another tray.
- Other users can print to the printer but not from the tray containing script paper.
- Only scripts created from the app by Clinicians can be printed on the script paper.