Celiveo Enterprise connector with serverless secure printing
What is Celiveo?
Enterprises constantly face the challenge of managing the more and more documents captured and issued by large numbers of employees, across many different departments and locations.
Just alone, documents output is a major part of these activities; according to industry analyst IDC, worldwide page volume from digital hardcopy devices now runs into the trillions.
As the industry publication Business Computing World put it, “Despite the notion of a 'paperless office' being the target for so many years, companies of all sizes continue to face cost challenges associated with documents printing.”
But it doesn't stop there – printing raises many other significant issues for enterprises as well, including:
- Security issues – Too many digital documents are printed when they should not and too many printed confidential documents are lost, leaked or left unattended on tables, printers output trays
- Costly productivity loss – Employees often have to walk long distances (sometimes up- or downstairs, or even into different buildings) to collect documents from the “right” printer. Once they arrive at the printer, the documents may have been accidentally collected by someone else or the printer may be out of toner or paper – meaning the user has to start the entire process again and there may be a document confidentiality issue
- High wastage costs – Unauthorized users, with no budgetary accountability, can repeatedly waste money, paper, ink and toner at the touch of a button on printers and copiers
- Environmental credibility – Green credentials are high on shareholder – and activist – agendas, yet environmentally costly resources like paper, toner, ink and paper can be readily wasted by unauthorized users on printers and copiers
- Unreliable budgeting – Printing and copying costs are not transparent, and cannot be properly attributed across different individuals and departments, turning budget management and forecasting into a guessing game
- Devices don't pay their way – Each printer needs to be optimised to deliver the most utility to the largest number of users – but this is often difficult with multiple devices and multiple print queues
- Mounting IT support costs – Complex print networks and multiple print queues mean that users increasingly have to call on IT support to add and delete printers, or print to alternative devices, and printer support requests are always an emergency. Combining the printers diversity with the multiplicity of IT systems used in the company such as Windows, Mac, Unix, SAP, creates a huge complexity that creates high cost and security loopholes.
Celiveo Enterprise is the only solution available in the market today that comprehensively addresses all these enterprise document output concerns, from an IT infrastructure point of view and not just printer or copier-centric.
Uniquely, it is centered around documents rather than devices. It manages most sources of documents, from Windows, SAP R/3, Unix, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, VMware, Citrix, EMRs, trying to keep the information digital. Celiveo Enterprise controls documents output and traces the usage of printers of copiers, increases productivity by simultaneously eliminating time wasted on needless printing, reduces printing costs, decreases IT support overheads and enables users to print securely to whatever device and location is most efficient and convenient for them. That strategy allows IT administrator to right-size the printers and copiers fleet, secure document output and drastically reduce the overall documents processing cost.
Unique Benefits of Celiveo for the Enterprise
Here are just some of the benefits that Celiveo enables enterprise managers to bring to their business:
- Eliminate servers - Celiveo solutions are available serverless, enabling efficient documents output management even in locations where it is impossible or too costly to install servers. Server-based or combined server/serverless deployments are also possible (see our serverless datasheet here). All variants work seamlessly with all industry-leading printing platforms.
- Boost employee productivity – When documents printing is necessary, save valuable (and costly) time spent struggling to connect to the “right” printer; no more travelling the length of the building to pick up one piece of paper; no more time spent chasing the whereabouts of highly confidential documents that have disappeared in the time it takes to walk to a distant device. Users can reach the nearest and most convenient printer and collect their documents by swiping their badge or entering their PIN code.
- Dramatically reduce printing costs – Ensure that printers and copiers are accessible only to authorised, authenticated users who will use it with a sense of financial responsibility; dramatically reduce wastage. Individual rights based directly on Active Directory or LDAP directories makes it a breeze to manage individual rights.
- Roaming users can output documents – With Celiveo Enterprise, the company visitors, guests and roaming employees can selectively access authorized printers and copiers features from their smartphone, tablets and laptops. It is also the most advanced BYOD solution for printing and access to copiers.
- Improve environmental credentials – Printing and copying generates a lot of CO² comsumption through logistics, maintenance, device energy and consumable usage. Managing down printing and wastage and right sizing the output devices fleet has a significant positive effect on the enterprise's environmental footprint and will be well received by the businesss's stakeholders and publics.
- Enhance security and confidentiality - Strong user authentication and end-to-end PKI documents data encryption means that only the person who has sent a document for print, or a securely delegated colleague, can collect that document and they are secure both in transit and at rest.
- Decrease IT support requirement – Printer configuration modifications are greatly simplified through a single print queue for all users, and the system is available for Windows, VMware, Citrix and even SAP – little or no manual intervention is needed when reducing the printers fleet.
- Make costs transparent – User names and authentication deliver traceability; every print job can be attributed to a single user and, therefore, to the department they are part of, enabling accurate cost recovery.
Learn more from the tabs above
In the tabs above, take a look at our Further Benefits section for more detail on why Celiveo is the most advanced printing solution available on the market today that enables enterprises to boost security, enhance user productivity and keep printing costs low.
Why is Celiveo Enterprise printing management solution the most suitable for the enterprise?
Celiveo delivers powerful, enterprise-specific features that comprehensively address all the critical printing management areas, including:
- Reduction of the overall documents output infrastructure TCO, Total Cost of Ownership
- Security, confidentiality and data protection for documents, printed and scanned
- Printing mobility and ease of use with full BYOD printing support
- Complete real time cost analysis and reporting on document processing on printers and MFPs
No other solution available on the market today delivers these combined benefits in a way that has a positively measurable influence on enterprise productivity and cost management.
How does Celiveo Enterprise deliver ease of enterprise use like no other solution?
No longer do users have to walk long distances to collect documents from the “right” printer. Instead, they print securely to whichever printer or output device is located most conveniently for them - whichever office or building they happen to be in, and whichever floor they happen to be on, at the time. This is user mobility at its most developed – instant productivity gain!
Celiveo Enterprise can deliver this because, it provides a single print queue, regardless of the device's physical location. Print jobs are securely stored in either a serverless or server-based environment (depending on the preferred configuration) and can be directed from their stored location to any print device on the network.
The collecting user (or their securely delegated colleague) simply authenticates using a PIN, proximity badge, smart card, swipe card, or a combination of these methods, and securely retrieves the document from whichever printer is closest to them.
what is Celiveo Enterprise innovation for documents output at the enterprise level?
Unlike other solutions Celiveo Enterprise is not printer centric. It directly addresses the IT infrastructure requirements for documents output, then applies a solution that works on PC, tablets, smartphones, Linux or even ERP such as SAP.
Simplifying and improving the documents output infrastructure should not require to move the burden to the IT infrastructure. This is why Celiveo Enterprise allows clients to decommission instantly all print and print application servers. Unlike many other solutions Celiveo Enterprise is not adding a bottleneck nor a single point of failure, it is based on an innovative distributed architecture that is at the source of the documents information, the PCs, BYOD mobile devices, SAP, Linux, Unix, at the document output device level (printer, MFP...) and leverages directly from the corporate SQL Server and Active Directory.
How does Celiveo ensure unrivalled security, confidentiality, and data protection in the enterprise?
Celiveo incorporates security and mobility into the printing environment, meaning that the user must authenticate prior to retrieving their print jobs, using a PIN, proximity badge, smart card, swipe card, or a combination of these methods.
Secure printing eliminates security risks such as orphaned documents that collect on the printer output tray, print jobs initiated by unauthorized users, loss or leaking of highly confidential and sensitive information, and so forth. Only the user who has sent the print job to the printer – or a securely delegated colleague – can collect the documents from the printer, and obsolete documents self-delete before printing.
Celiveo makes it possible to control access to company printers and MFPs (multi-function printers), so that only authorized users can print, copy, scan or fax. In addition, all print jobs data is fully PKI encrypted, both in transit and at rest, so it cannot be compromised electronically.
Celiveo Enterprise is compatible with server-based architecture, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure - Celiveo is VMware Ready and Citrix Ready, and is also capable to deliver a complete advanced printing architecture totally serverless, without any Print Server, from one to tens of thousands of printers.
How does Celiveo Enterprise deliver comprehensive cost insight to the enterprise?
If an enterprise has accurate reports on the activity of its print fleets, across all offices and locations, it can manage them better, reducing printing costs, lowering operational risk, and apportioning print budgets more effectively.
Using Celiveo Enterprise means that every single individual user must authenticate themselves – so the business can understand exactly who is printing what, from which department, to which device, and for which MFP functions.
This tracking capability gives enterprise greater transparency of printing costs, and more accurate budgeting and forecasting data, than ever before. It also makes it possible to bill back departments for their actual usage of printers and copiers in the company, wth detailed reports and advanced cost calculation formulas.
Learn more from the tabs above
In the tabs above, take a look at our Overview section for more background information on why Celiveo Enterprise is the only printing solution available on the market that enables enterprise to boost security, enhance user productivity and keep printing costs low.