Celiveo Public Sector connector with serverless secure printing
What is the Celiveo Public Sector Connector?
The public sector is the single most populous, extensive, high-risk area of confidential and sensitive information in existence.
Everything from government confidential data, criminal records, to law-enforcement investigations, to citizen data, to the information that helps to protect our countries from attack is bound up in this critical ecosystem – yet we know that critical printed documents are frequently compromised in this sector, as in others. The fines imposed can run into the millions.
But the challenges of printing and managing documents securely in the Public Sector are often extreme.
- Large numbers of users, making effective but flexible authentication difficult
- High volumes of classified documents – some at the highest possible level/with official secret status
- Security requirements that span multiple national installations and satellite offices
- Red/green network compatibility– printing safely from the unsecured (green) network, where printers traditionally reside, to the secure (red) network, and back again, or the other way around, on demand
- Keeping network data secure and protected – both in transit and at rest
Celiveo Enterprise with its unique Public Sector Connector is the only solution to comprehensively address all these requirements, delivering secure printing and document output for even the most sensitive and confidential Public Sector information.
Unique benefits of Celiveo Enterprise with its Public Sector Connector
Here are just some of the benefits that Celiveo Enterprise brings to Public Sector users:
- Authorize users and their documents – Strong authentication, via PIN, proximity badge, PKI smart card, swipe card, or a combination of methods, forces users to identify themselves both when they send documents for print and when they retrieve them from the printer.
- Eliminate spending on print servers - Celiveo solutions are available in full serverless mode, allowing to decommission costly printer servers and enabling efficient printing management even in locations where it is impossible or too costly to install print servers. Server-based or combined server/serverless deployments are also possible (see our serverless datasheet here). All variants work seamlessly with all industry-leading printing platforms.
- Work more efficiently and securely – Combining methods of authentication delivers multi-level document security, enabling certain users to print and retrieve certain classifications of documents but not others. Administrative work can continue efficiently without endangering the integrity of more sensitive documents.
- Data protection continuity - Celiveo Enterprise Public Sector Connector is directly interfaced with the industry standard Titus Documents and Emails Classification solutions to ensure that the protection afforded to your electronic data is not lost when it is sent to the printer.
- Focus security where it's most needed – Celiveo enterprise Public Sector Connector enables continued secure pull printing between the Red (secure) to the Green (non-secure) networks without compromising the Red network security.
- The highest level of data encryption – Strong PKI encryption of print jobs data from client PCs to printer ensures that documents are kept secure both on each location's network and in transit between different devices, networks and locations.
Learn more - from the tabs and resources above
In the tabs above, take a look at our Further Benefits section.
More on the benefits of Celiveo's Public Sector Connector
Why is Celiveo Enterprise the most compelling solution available?
Celiveo delivers a combination of secure printing and document output features that comprehensively address public sector needs – PKI smart card authentication, state of the art document classification through popup windows or direct Titus Classification interface, Red to Green network continuity, document stamping and tracking.
In the Public Sector, the stakes are simply too high to entrust printing and document security to systems that do not deliver in all these areas. the Celiveo Public Sector connector comprehensively eliminates the risks associated with printing and document output security, in a solution that is tailor-made for the needs of the Public Sector community.
Why is Celiveo capability uniquely suited to the Public Sector?
Celiveo Public Sector Connector uses “strong badge authentication” - an identity-based approach available in all the variants favoured by public sector organisations, including:
- PKI FIPS L2 and other high-security contact smartcards
- DOD CAC & PIV PKI contact smartcards
- iClass/Mifare/DESfire/Rijkspas/Legic Secure Sector support
- Proximity and contact combo cards with uage of both features
Authentication means that only the person who has sent a document for print, or a securely delegated recipient, can collect that document. There is significant flexibility to combine authentication methods, so that different users can print and collect different classifications of documents, depending on their role, position, or security clearance.
Why are Celiveo Public Sector Connector classification mechanisms so important?
As described above, employees can use a PKI smartcard for classified printing activity, while using the card proximity tag for standard printing and photocopies.
However, this only works effectively if the documents themselves have been properly classified. The Public Sector Connector features a pop-up Window to select the classification at print time, and is also directly interfaced with Titus Classification, a powerful solution that enables users to classify and protect documents. This ensures that every user can only ever print and collect documents appropriate to their authentication status.
How does Celiveo Enterprise manage the risk of printing on networks?
Celiveo Enterprise provides peer-to-peer AES+RSA encryption of print job data, with a unique random key for each print job. This ensures print job data is fully protected on the network. Data is decrypted just before page rendering.
Secure PCs reside on the Red LAN and unsecured PCs reside on the Green LAN. Printers are traditionally either on the Green or on the red network - but there are times when printing is necessary from the network printers are not connected to. Celiveo Enterprise Public Sector Connector can fully integrate its pull printing servers with most existing secure DIODE data transfer mechanisms, so that secure users can print on the any network with the highest degree of security, whatever network the print job originates from.
Why is the Connector especially appropriate for classified documents in the Public Sector?
In large, populous Public Sector environments, classified documents are generated and processed by multiple users, departments and entities.
Celiveo Enterprise Public Sector Connector enables Public Sector users to track the origin of documents by stamping a micro line of text or miniature 2D barcodes on every page, automatically. No other secure printing solution meets the needs of organizations such as Public Sector bodies, where being able to trace the origins of a document is often as essential as being sure that it arrived securely with its intended recipient!
Learn more - from the tabs and resources above
In the tabs above, take a look at our Overview section.